Sunday, 16 January 2011

Armake21, AKA BoxedEntertainment, speaks about the closure of his latest YouTube channel (January 2011)

Update July 2011: I'll just leave this here.

Revisiting some of the files I've been bringing together for Guru Larry's (postponed?) Video Game Reviewers archive, I noticed that Armake21 has once again closed his YouTube Channel.
Bummer! I was gonna download some better quality versions of his Action 52 epic, which I think is fantastic.

Here's an explanation from the man himself.
"I'm guessing Marcus just got tired of the bullshit" - Yeah, pretty much.

There are a few who are going to write off that account closing as drunken behavior, but I knew exactly what I was doing at the time. I had left a notice on the sidebar that also warned that I would be closing up shop, but I'm guessing very few people paid attention to it, but to make a long story short-

Things had been going downhill for a while, and I have come to accept the almost rapid decline in quality when I decided to do the "Context Sensitive" series, and in turn attempted to combine a game review series with an storyline to be followed at the same time.

That said, I knew that if I made a big deal of my leaving the review scene and in general YouTube(I keep this channel just to watch vids and occasionally comment), the vultures would swoop in and call it a "cry for pity" as they have before, but also that if I just closed up shop with almost no warning, the vultures would swoop in anyway, and in the process make as many of the remaining fans of both the old and new works think I did it to be a asshole.

That said, I will always remember the comments and response from various people, both the good and bad, and in the end I learned and grew a whole lot, both when it comes to making videos, but also about my own strengths and weaknesses, and I learned to accept that even I could, and did screw up things more then once.

So to all the old and new fans of these videos, and anyone who has left a comment on my previous accounts in the past, know this-

You all contributed to me growing as a film maker, and as a person. So from me to you:

Thank you.
There you have it. Armake is presumably still active over at the Dead Horse Interchange, which he jumped on board with some months ago. For the uninitiated, it's basically run by Mr Montmorency and includes many of your old favourites such as the Fat Mann and Ebeeto. As you might expect, it's horribly profane and toilet humour filled, just the way we like it.

ArmakeArchive
still exists, and the above comment from Marc0 was actually posted as a comment there, so you can still check out his work there.

2 comments:

Sebastian D. Montmorency said...

Profane?! I have to work on the PR.

Harry Yack said...

Well, that Fat Mann/Ebeeto machinima I saw was fairly profane... or maybe it gave the impression of profanity with its near-the-knuckle humour? *Scrabbles for link*